transKode

Christoph Spielmann spielc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 23:31:10 UTC 2008

Mark Kretschmann schrieb:
> On 3/1/08, Christoph Spielmann <spielc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  So from what i've read in this discussion you are planning to concentrate
>> on one language with Amarok2? And drop support for everything else that was
>> possible with Amarok1.x?
>>

> No, there are no plans for doing that. I wonder where you read that.

Oh well i guess i misinterpreted this: I now regret this decision and I
wish we would have forced the use of scripting languages. Amarok 2 will
very likely no longer support binary "scripts", so please please use a
scripting language (a portable one, not Bash) for the next version of
transKode. We could probably assist you with porting to QtRuby.

This sounded to me, like you wanted to "force" plugin/script developers
to use a scripting languages like Python, Ruby...

Anyway thanks for the clarification