[Feedback] Amarok 2 on OS X

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:50:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:00 PM,  <arthurerb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Hey Amarok team! I'm mainly an OS X user, but I have done a lot of playing
> around with linux. Amarok is certainly my favorite media player around
> (really blows iTunes' out of the water). I know that there are ways to get
> the current Amarok running on OS X, but I'm more interested in the native
> version coming in Amarok 2. Are there any builds yet? Alpha, beta, hell
> even pre-Alpha would be cool. I'd love to do bug testing for you guys on OS
> X.

Well, yes and no. You can get builds of amarok 2 from mac.kde.org
which has kde4.1 beta + some extras packaged.
That package doesn't work though :-) You can also try building amarok
on os x yourself. It is however, not for the faint of heart.
The instructions for building on OS X are available at
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Amarok2_On_OS_X .
Things are in a constant state of flux however so those instructions
are often outdated somehow and aren't wholly reliable :-/
Hopefully we'll get some proper bundles out soon, but the lazy bastard
who's working on this seems to be taking his sweet ass time.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.