SQL support

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Jul 29 15:42:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Leif B. Kristensen <leif at solumslekt.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 29. July 2008, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>>Yes, support for MySQL (embedded and optionally external) is in the
>>works. In fact MySQL will become the only database supported by Amarok
>>2.
>
> Huh? No PostgreSQL support?

We never actually enjoyed any of the features of PostgreSQL since we
had to support the lowest common denominator (sqlite). So PostgreSQL
was nothing but a source of headaches for us.

We might've been able to standardize on PostgreSQL, but its lack of
embedded functionality would make it a bit more difficult. Mostly
we're standardizing on MySQL since Aides stepped up and wrote the
code.

Ian