are the neon packages supposed to have portable device support enabled?

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 05:54:44 UTC 2008

That's no mistake.  The way media devices work in 2.0 is going to be a
bit different, along the lines of plug-and-play.  Right now I'm not
sure if neon is building iPod and MTP device support, but that's
what's supported in the latest svn.  Still not quite complete, but
basic functionality is there.  If neon doesn't include it, yes, you
may have to build from svn.