Amarok 2.0 for classical music lovers

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Jul 11 16:08:48 UTC 2008

Maarten Wisse wrote:
> Also, the playlist view is now very much album oriented, whereas my
> collection, which I mostly created by cutting high quality streams from the
> internet (which is legal in my country), is very much work oriented (symphony,
> oratory or whatever). Amarok 1.4 supports all this very well. Amarok 2 a bit
> less, so I thought it important to remind you of my type of users.

I don't quite understand this.  If you're getting your music from
Internet streams, if successive songs on the stream are different, then
they'd have different albums as well -- so you'd get metadata for that
album in the playlist.  If the Internet stream plays multiple parts of a
symphony, for instance, that usually comes off multiple tracks from an
album, in which case the playlist display should still be pretty good.

--Jeff