Amarok 2.0 for classical music lovers

Maarten Wisse WisseAanen at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 15:36:40 UTC 2008

Dear Amarok team,

I'm a huge fan of Amarok, so thanks for all you've done to bring my music
collection to life. I tried Amarok 2 alpha (snapshot and 1.83) and I would
like to express my concerns about its support for classical music lovers like
me.

Something I miss very much in Amarok 2 is the group by composer functionality.
I never group by album or artist, as classical music is very composer
oriented. So please re-add that.

Also, the playlist view is now very much album oriented, whereas my
collection, which I mostly created by cutting high quality streams from the
internet (which is legal in my country), is very much work oriented (symphony,
oratory or whatever). Amarok 1.4 supports all this very well. Amarok 2 a bit
less, so I thought it important to remind you of my type of users.

Best regards,

Maarten Wisse
http://kde4goodies.blogspot.com