Large Playlist (16625 entries) gets very slow usingn mysql

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:19:36 UTC 2008

Are you saying your collection has 16k entries?  Or an actual saved playlist?

My collection has 150k songs, searching takes about 1 second to load
the matches.  You could try the mysqltuner Perl script, it does some
basic checking of your mysql config.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Siegfried Wolkenstein
<rough_rough at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems to me that amarok very often scans the whole musicdirectory
> recursively simply to play the next random song. I've switched off the
> option "watch folders for changes". What else can I do to make this faster?
>
> Also when I search the playlist and try to play a song by double clicking on
> it, as soon as the search result appears, it takes ages till I hear something
> (I can hear the hard drive searching and searching and I ask myself why).
>
> Thank you
>
> Amarok 1.4.9.1 using KDE 3.5.9 release 65.1 openSuSE 10.2

projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org