Large Playlist (16625 entries) gets very slow usingn mysql

Siegfried Wolkenstein rough_rough at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 09:08:13 UTC 2008

Hello,

it seems to me that amarok very often scans the whole musicdirectory
recursively simply to play the next random song. I've switched off the
option "watch folders for changes". What else can I do to make this faster?

Also when I search the playlist and try to play a song by double clicking on
it, as soon as the search result appears, it takes ages till I hear something
(I can hear the hard drive searching and searching and I ask myself why).

Thank you

Amarok 1.4.9.1 using KDE 3.5.9 release 65.1 openSuSE 10.2