A2 on OS X build problem

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:28:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Christie Harris <dangle.baby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Normally I wouldn't clutter the mailing list with stuff like this, but
> I know you're all ignoring me everywhere else!! </unloved>
>
> So I'm following illogical's wonderful OS X build instructions on the
> wiki ( http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Amarok2_On_OS_X ) and everything has
> gone fine until I start compiling Amarok.
>
> I get the following, and just need a pointer on where to go from here
> (apart from hell).
>
> Cheers,
> Christie (dangle)
>

> Scanning dependencies of target plasma_animator_default
> [ 75%] Building CXX object src/context/CMakeFiles/
> plasma_animator_default.dir/plasma_animator_default_automoc.o
> [ 75%] Building CXX object src/context/CMakeFiles/
> plasma_animator_default.dir/animators/default/defaultAnimator.o
> Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/plasma_animator_default.so
> Undefined symbols:
>
> "Plasma::AnimationDriver::animationCurve(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
> const", referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>
> "Plasma
> ::AnimationDriver
> ::elementAnimationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Animation) const",
> referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>
> "Plasma
> ::AnimationDriver::elementAnimationCurve(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
> const", referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>
> "Plasma
> ::AnimationDriver::animationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
> const", referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::AnimationDriver(QObject*)", referenced
> from:
>       DefaultAnimator::DefaultAnimator(QObject*, QList<QVariant>
> const&)in defaultAnimator.o
>       DefaultAnimator::DefaultAnimator(QObject*, QList<QVariant>
> const&)in defaultAnimator.o
>
> "Plasma
> ::AnimationDriver
> ::movementAnimationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Movement) const",
> referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::staticMetaObject", referenced from:
>       DefaultAnimator::staticMetaObject        in defaultAnimator.o
>   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::itemActivated(double, QGraphicsItem*)",
> referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>
> "Plasma
> ::AnimationDriver::movementAnimationFps(Plasma::Animator::Movement)
> const", referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>   "typeinfo for Plasma::AnimationDriver", referenced from:
>       typeinfo for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
>   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::itemSlideIn(double, QGraphicsItem*,
> QPoint const&, QPoint const&)", referenced from:
>       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
> [...]

I think I saw something like this when I tried mixing gcc 4.2 and 4.0.
My advice would be to try again using gcc 4.2 for the whole thing
(qt,kde,amarok).
Oh, and i've only tested this on leopard. i've no clue if my
instructions work on 10.4 :-/
Having said that I think lfranchi successfully got it to build when
mixing between the two (lfranchi ?)

--
All your gmail are belong to us.