A2 on OS X build problem

Christie Harris dangle.baby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 02:52:34 UTC 2008

Normally I wouldn't clutter the mailing list with stuff like this, but
I know you're all ignoring me everywhere else!! </unloved>

So I'm following illogical's wonderful OS X build instructions on the
wiki ( http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Amarok2_On_OS_X ) and everything has
gone fine until I start compiling Amarok.

I get the following, and just need a pointer on where to go from here
(apart from hell).

Cheers,
Christie (dangle)

Scanning dependencies of target plasma_animator_default
[ 75%] Building CXX object src/context/CMakeFiles/
plasma_animator_default.dir/plasma_animator_default_automoc.o
[ 75%] Building CXX object src/context/CMakeFiles/
plasma_animator_default.dir/animators/default/defaultAnimator.o
Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/plasma_animator_default.so
Undefined symbols:

"Plasma::AnimationDriver::animationCurve(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
const", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver
::elementAnimationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Animation) const",
referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver::elementAnimationCurve(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
const", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver::animationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Animation)
const", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::AnimationDriver(QObject*)", referenced
from:
       DefaultAnimator::DefaultAnimator(QObject*, QList<QVariant>
const&)in defaultAnimator.o
       DefaultAnimator::DefaultAnimator(QObject*, QList<QVariant>
const&)in defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver
::movementAnimationDuration(Plasma::Animator::Movement) const",
referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::staticMetaObject", referenced from:
       DefaultAnimator::staticMetaObject        in defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::itemActivated(double, QGraphicsItem*)",
referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver::movementAnimationFps(Plasma::Animator::Movement)
const", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "typeinfo for Plasma::AnimationDriver", referenced from:
       typeinfo for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::itemSlideIn(double, QGraphicsItem*,
QPoint const&, QPoint const&)", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::~AnimationDriver()", referenced from:
       DefaultAnimator::~DefaultAnimator()in defaultAnimator.o
       DefaultAnimator::~DefaultAnimator()in defaultAnimator.o

"Plasma
::AnimationDriver::movementAnimationCurve(Plasma::Animator::Movement)
const", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::itemSlideOut(double, QGraphicsItem*,
QPoint const&, QPoint const&)", referenced from:
       vtable for DefaultAnimatorin defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int,
void**)", referenced from:
       DefaultAnimator::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)in
defaultAnimator.o
   "Plasma::AnimationDriver::qt_metacast(char const*)", referenced from:
       DefaultAnimator::qt_metacast(char const*)in defaultAnimator.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/plasma_animator_default.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/context/CMakeFiles/plasma_animator_default.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
holly:amarok.build dangle$