Amarok Bugs

Andrea a.andrea87 at alice.it
Tue Jul 8 08:45:30 UTC 2008

Dear Amarok team,
I've been using amarok for 3 years and I think it's an excellent piece of software.
Recently I'm using Amarok to transfer mp3s on my new Apple iPod Nano Video (I don't like iTunes) and I found the following problems:

1) When manually editing tags (Artist / album) on files already on iPod, sometimes Amarok crashes, I think because it's unable to refresh file list. I don't know how to reproduce the problem because some times it works fine.

2) Album covers (images), even if available, are not trasnferred on iPod, the ones already in are ereased (including video's thumbnails).

3) Music loaded on iPod with Amarok is played correctly by iPod, but can't be played by iPod game "iPod Quiz": artist and title are read correctly but silence replaces the music. Ipod Quiz works fine with music loaded with iTunes

4) Amarok can't handle videos (mp4) audiobooks or pics.

5) Can't send music to Media Device direcly from playlist: have to locate file in library and then send, even thou it's is already in playlist.

6) Sometimes when I use the search panel to search the library, the search doesn't produce any result even thou the file I'm looking for is in the current folder.
This happens if I change the search folder after the first search

I hope you can fix all these things.

Yours faithfully,
Andrea