suggestion : musicbrainz statistics, context functionality

Nicholas Leners ndleners at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:22:13 UTC 2008

Amarok team,

 I absolutely love the program and am blown away at what a robust and
innovative program Amarok has become. I have two simple adjustment
requests that would make me so happy in a strange and neat-freak kind of
way.

 I would like to see the option to not display the musicbrainz
statistics in the context browser (to the right of the album art). When
I have set my desired window size, that text gets compacted and
stretches out that area way too much. It's visually kind of unnerving if
the amarok window isn't set to full screen. Perhaps make the Musicbrainz
a layered menu similar to how the favorites and labels tabs are? This
would let the information be presented horizontally and easily hidden
should the user choose.

Secondly, when my context browser is displaying all of the other albums
by whatever artist is playing, it expands the album that the song is on
each time. For example, when I'm listening to a Nick Drake song, it will
open and list the tracks on his debut, Five Leaves Left. But if I hide
the track listing, it will re-open the track listing when the next song
on the album plays. I would simply like the albums to not display the
track listing until clicked upon, and not open automatically when the
track begins.

Two very minor nitpicks, and again, kudos to your work on this fantastic
program. Thank you for reading my suggestions.

-Nick Leners
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA