Amarok 1.4.8, mysql, and 8 to 10 s hangs every track change or rating

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:40:24 UTC 2008

I've been having CPU hangs myself!  I've built Amarok with SVN with
this configure string:

./configure --enable-debug=full --enable-mysql --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

But I'm not getting the timing output you are, do I need to add
additional configure strings?

Andy

On Jan 27, 2008 7:21 AM, Simon ESNEAULT <simon.esneault at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, i want to say a big thanks to everyone doing here a great job,
> amarok is for sure the best player i've ever used, making me rediscover
> music !
>
> Here is my configuration:
> Amarok 1.4.8 on ubuntu 7.10 (not kubuntu, but all kdelibs are installed)
>  Mysql, 35 000 songs
> Computer is : Athlon XP 2000+, 1.5Go RAM
>
> Everytime the song change, amarok hangs and use 100 % of the CPU for quite a
> long time. I wanted to check if anything wasn't going the right way, so I've
> build amarok from the source, with full debug options.
>  Below is the output on a song change. The bold lines are problematic, i
> think it's the refresh of the context viewer. When the player is on
> wikipedia tab, changing a song is very smooth and doesn't slow the whole
> system for some seconds. (but no need to refresh the context view, probably
> the key). The same problem show up when I rate a song, causing the context
> view to refresh
>  Strange thing is that showArtistsAlbums() method seems to be called 2
> times. But when the player is on wikipedia tab and switch to the "normal"
> tab, it's only called once, making the "hang" time twice shorter
>
> For the context viewer, The size of the cover is changed to 300 pix, use
> score and rating, and of course LastFm, but only render similar artist box.
> Have i done something unusual ? Is my computer definitely out of date ? Will
> it change anything if I run a complete kde session instead of a gnome
> session ? Why ? Is khtmlrender thing the main problem ? If it is, I hope
> plasma context view won't be so heavy !
>
> amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::play(const MetaBundle&, uint)
> amarok:   [controller] Loading URL:
> file:///home/simon/Musique/-%3DAlbums%3D-/-%3D%20D%20%3D-/Deerhoof/2004%20-%20Covers%20and%20Live%20EP/06%20-%20Lose%20My%20Breath%20(My%20Bloody%20Valentine%20Cover).mp3
>  amarok: BEGIN: virtual bool XineEngine::load(const KURL&, bool)
> amarok:     [xine-engine] Before xine_open() *****
> amarok:     [xine-engine] After xine_open() *****
> amarok:     [xine-engine] XINE_PARAM_EARLY_FINISHED_EVENT enabled
>  amarok: END__: virtual bool XineEngine::load(const KURL&, bool) - Took 0.2s
> amarok: BEGIN: virtual bool XineEngine::play(uint)
> amarok: BEGIN: void EngineSubject::stateChangedNotify(Engine::State)
> amarok:       [virtual void
> Amarok::StatusBar::engineStateChanged(Engine::State, Engine::State)] Line:
> 153
>  amarok: BEGIN: virtual void
> ContextBrowser::engineStateChanged(Engine::State, Engine::State)
> amarok: END__: virtual void
> ContextBrowser::engineStateChanged(Engine::State, Engine::State) - Took
> 0.00021s
> amarok: END__: void EngineSubject::stateChangedNotify(Engine::State) - Took
> 0.0076s
>  amarok: END__: virtual bool XineEngine::play(uint) - Took 0.008s
> [...]

projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org