[Feedback] Amarok 2.0? and Video player?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 17 22:38:24 UTC 2008

On 1/17/08, randommaxi at yahoo.com <randommaxi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Max sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> I'm looking for a good replacement for iTunes. Love the footage about
> Amarok 2.0, which brings me to my next question: When is it coming out? At
> least, when are future betas coming out?

We really don't know, but you can probably expect a beta in a few
months, and the final in summer. But that's just an educated guess.

> Will it have rudimentary video support? It needs to be able to play videos
> to replace my iTunes.

No, 2.0 won't have video support. A later version might integrate
rudimentary support for playing music videos and such, but this is not
yet decided. In the meantime we recommend Codeine (called Dragon
Player in KDE4), which was made by an Amarok developer and is quite
excellent.

> How will the cross plattform support work?

Amarok 2.0 will run on Unix, OSX and Windows.

> Will the eye-candy be improved? Will it match with KDE 4.0?

We've always liked iCandy, so stay tuned :)

> When will there be an update blog, or current status of the release?

We're regularly blogging about new and interesting events; just keep
watching our blog.

> It seems like the site hasn't changed since the KDE 4.0 release.
>
> Oh, and your site doesn't work with Firefox 3 beta 2. (it keeps saying I
> didn't do the captcha challenge correctly)

Thanks, we'll check this.

--
Mark