How to test latest Amarok 2?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:08:20 UTC 2008

2008/1/12 DZhon <dzhon at overdrive.su>:

> Jan 13, 2008, в 12:03 AM, Valent Turkovic писал(а):
>

> > Hi,
> > I downloaded KDE 4.0 live cd and Amarok 2.0 is missing so can you
> > please point me in the right direction of some live CD I can use to
> > test latest Amarok 2.0 (beta?) features.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Valent.
> >
> > --
>
> You can use Gentoo Linux with enabled kde4 overlay - I think, it's
> safe and convenient for your system.

This looks promising. I haven't used gentoo, only distros like Sabayon
that are based on Gentoo.
Can you please give me some pointers how can I easily get a amarok on
gentoo or even better can I use some precompiled gentoo live cd and
then get Amarok 2.0 on there. I would like to test Amarok 2.0 but
don't have the time to learn how to compile the complete gentoo from
scratch :(

I tested amarok 2.0 that was on KDE 3.0 RC2 live cd. That is build
upon opensuse live cd. There amarok podcast part didn't even have the
basic "add a podcast" function. I would like to comtribute with a few
ideas on how to improve podcast part of amarok 2.0.

Thank you in advance,
Valent.
--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/