"dual booting" Amarok 2.0 (Windows / Linux)

enaut enaut.w at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:38:24 UTC 2008

Shane King schrieb:
> Shane King wrote:
>
>> Ian Monroe wrote:

>>> Those other programs aren't keeping track of files then I suppose.
>>> Since Amarok stores path information of music in the colleciton, and
>>> paths are going to differ between Windows and Linux, sharing an Amarok
>>> database between two computers or two operating systems doesn't happen
>>> for "free." Someone will have to work at it to make it function
>>> correctly.
>>>
>> I think it could be made to work if we treated collection folders the
>> same way we do media devices, and stored relative paths against the
>> collection folder (since the paths of the collection folders are stored
>> in the config file, not the db).
>>
>> Then again, I don't really get the need for it: the collection db is
>> just a cache of info in the file tags. Scanning twice isn't that much of
>> a pain, is it?
>>

> To answer my own question ... I guess some people care about the stats.
> Last.fm is the solution to that IMO. They even do backups for you. ;)
>
> Shane.
last fm... well last fm is good as long as I'm 100% sure they don't use
my data. And the data is locked up for erverybody else... but maybe I
want to know my statistics without uploading them to somebody I i cant
really trust because even if they don't use my data its such a lot of
valueable Data that could be hacked easyly... I just don't like the idea
of storing such data in the net.

enaut