transKode

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 28 21:40:35 UTC 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Sergio Pistone wrote:
>> That would certainly be better than what happens now (and btw, thanks
>> for packaging transKode), but the reality is that's the only big distro
>> i've seen
>> that actually packages transKode, and (correct me if I'm wrong) it's not
>> part
>> of the official repository...
>
> Consider this the correction :) It's in the official repos.
>
> I've not updated it for a while so it's on the 0.6 version but I'll take
> care of that tomorrow :)
>

> As for including it by default, well that's up to the distros. I'm not
> sure where we are on Mandriva but I think I'll suggest we add a
> "Suggests" tag to the amarok package such that transkode should be
> installed by default when you install amarok. We already suggest moodbar
> and other addons so this makes a lot of sense.

Just to follow up, I've asked our amarok maintainer to add a suggests
flag to our package. This means that for the upcoming Mandriva 2008.1
release, whenever anyone installs amarok, transkode will also be
installed. Users will be able to remove transkode later (or configure
things so that it is not installed) but out of the box, all should be well.

Col.