Amarok Layout, now with real Mockup

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Feb 27 15:42:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Reigo Reinmets <reigo.reinmets at hot.ee> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Now, i know lot's of people are going to hate me for doing this,
>  But i took the single most sexy looking player controls i've seen in my life
>  so far
>  And added it to the bottom of amaroK.. Now, ofcourse it has to be modified
>  etc.
>  but the overall layout of the buttons, now-playing text, time etc is imho
>  perfect.
>
>  http://www.reinmets.ee/dont.shoot.png
>
>  PS: I did modified the M$ layout a bit, moved the time, removed some
>  buttons, extended the now-playing text.
>  PS2: I didn't had photoshop nor Gimp nor other stuff installed at the
>  moment, so used M$ Paint to do this, /me @ work and can't be hasslede to
>  boot to linux atm.
>
>  Discuss, but don't shoot me :)
>
>  Reigo Reinmets

Personally I do think that Amarok 2's current header takes up too much
verticle space and isn't really being used enough. One idea that
xatax's copyright infringement/mockup brought to mind is that perhaps
we could show status information in the header. Scan, download status,
what's currently playing. Then we wouldn't have to have a status bar.

Ian