External drive issue

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Feb 25 17:54:28 UTC 2008

To give everyone an update--

Dave and I have been working this privately.  What was eventually
discovered was that Amarok was rescanning all the time because kded's
MediaManager module is reporting the drive as being mounted when it's
not.  So Amarok thinks it's mounted but that the files have been
removed, and wipes them (and re-adds them next time).

We're not sure at this point the *why* of it, but we're pretty confident
right now that it's not actually an Amarok issue but lies somewhere
upstream.

--Jeff