Problems with sqlite support with 1.4.8: no such table: uniqueid_temp

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 24 23:26:17 UTC 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Switching to a MySQL backend allowed the collection scanner to run
>> fairly quickly and it seemed to complete without error.
>>

> Looking at the bug report, it does seem like a sqlite issue that you're
> simply seeing with the uniqueid stuff.  Unfortunately, as I *never* see
> this error, and haven't since 2006, I'm going to have to request that
> you find a specific way to reproduce this error and write down all the
> steps.  At that point I'll be happy to look into it, but until then as
> I've not seen this problem since more than a year ago I have no idea how
> to go about debugging it.
>
> I would also suggest backing up your collection.db and trying things
> with a new sqlite database.  Maybe something inside is messed up,
> consistency-wise.

Yeah, I know it's a pain when you can't reproduce something :(

I've tried with a clean sqlite db and still get the problem but not
tried with a clean user account. I'll try and see if I can get a solid
set of reproduction steps although I'd imagine it could be something
really obscure and that even following my steps you may not be able to
reproduce... like nailing jelly to the wall....

Col