Problems with sqlite support with 1.4.8: no such table: uniqueid_temp

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Feb 24 19:41:22 UTC 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Switching to a MySQL backend allowed the collection scanner to run
> fairly quickly and it seemed to complete without error.

Looking at the bug report, it does seem like a sqlite issue that you're
simply seeing with the uniqueid stuff.  Unfortunately, as I *never* see
this error, and haven't since 2006, I'm going to have to request that
you find a specific way to reproduce this error and write down all the
steps.  At that point I'll be happy to look into it, but until then as
I've not seen this problem since more than a year ago I have no idea how
to go about debugging it.

I would also suggest backing up your collection.db and trying things
with a new sqlite database.  Maybe something inside is messed up,
consistency-wise.

--Jeff