[Feedback] Automatic folder organization?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Feb 24 19:34:00 UTC 2008

erbrady at buffalo.edu wrote:
> Eric sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Is there any chance this could be added for version two? It would be the
> ultimate media player if you added this feature.
>
> (If you don't know what I'm talking about, the latest version of iTunes
> has it, in Edit-> Preferences-> Advanced -> "Keep iTunes Music Folder
> Organized")

iTunes has had it for a while, and personally, the few times I've used
iTunes, it's been one of my most hated features because it totally
screws up how I had all of the files named and replaces it with its own
ideas of how things should be organized.

In short, it's organized well assuming that you do everything from
within iTunes (with its database); otherwise it's not.  This problem
tends to carry over to iPods too.

But, you can have Amarok manage your files for you, and it's in 1.4.
Drop files (from i.e. Konqueror) onto the collection browser and you can
select which collection folder they should be moved/copied to, as well
as how you want them to be renamed to fit your scheme.

--Jeff