External media handling

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Feb 21 23:24:24 UTC 2008

mark.potter at academy.com wrote:
> Don't get me wrong I love Amarok and have for a very long time. It is,
> by far, the best media player I have ever used. However I didn't
> expect sarcasm the first time I came to the list with a problem. I did
> expect some help or, I don't know, at least a nudge in the right
> direction. Maybe I should have been more clear and included the Distro
> and version. Maybe I am just an idiot who can't find the feature he
> needs. Either way it doesn't do what I am asking, at least not easily,
> since, I don't know, version 1.4.2 or so.

I wasn't being sarcastic.  I really don't know what version Dynamic
Collection first appeared in, except that it was in the early 1.4
series.  And Dynamic Collection does exactly what you want.

So it is now more clear that your issue is that you are having a problem
with Dynamic Collection.  But since you didn't state what version of
Amarok you were using in your initial email, the logical conclusion at
the time was that you were running an old version of Amarok before
Dynamic Collection appeared.  Which was sometime in the 1.4 series,
around, I don't know, version 1.4.2 or so.

--Jeff