External media handling

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Thu Feb 21 22:03:00 UTC 2008

I have 3 external drives on which I have different parts of my music
collection. One is at work, one is a travel drive, and one is 500GB I use
at home. I would like to know if there is a way to preserve the
collections by drive name or some such since it pretty much sucks having
to scan the collection every time I plug in at a new place. Any advice
would be greatly appreciated. As far as a feature request I think it would
be awesome to be able to save collections by volume id which would solve
my problems very nicely. I am hoping there is just something I have
overlooked that already handles this.