iTunes like Album selector

Martin Graesslin ubuntu at martin-graesslin.com
Thu Feb 21 21:49:59 UTC 2008

>  We've discussed the possibility of doing this, and while coverflow is all
>pretty and stuff, we do not really see the merits of it as a method of track
>selection... and we really do not like eyecandy with no reason ;) So... In
>stead, this is what i came up with:
>http://leinir.dk/temp/gallery/mockups.php?image=mockups/cd-stack-in-glorious-pen-o-vision.jpg
>  Further reasoning behind this is that we have a very large amount of
>vertical space, and much less horizontal space, so we need the items to be on
>top of eachother rather than side-by-side like in the normal coverflow. If
>you feel up to implementing this, i know a team of amarokers who would really
>love to see it happen :)
So I see, you do not need my effect. I quite agree that you could only use the
effect for selecting complete albums and not for tracks, so the place can
probably be used in a better way ;-) And I think it is impossible to change
it to something like the mockup :-(

>  Also, i must say, your coverflow kwin composite effect looks really neat :)
>Does it have the keyboard filtering that the expose-like effect does?
Thanks. But no keyboard filtering. That's IMHO impossible, as it uses alt+tab
and writing on the keyboard could become quite difficult while holding the
alt key ;-)

Regards Martin