Problem with Java and DCOP

Brecht Yperman brecht at yperman.eu
Fri Feb 15 12:03:55 UTC 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Try using various command-line arguments to dcop.
> jeff at macncheese ~ $ dcop --user jeff
>
> You may have better luck with some of the other arguments (--all-users,
> some of the session ones)...try 'em all.  dcop --help for guidance.

I'll give 'm a try.

As I' m usually drunk at weekends, it won't be until Monday, though :p

 > I would first test everything from command-line before trying to do
funny stuff with java/jni/... if it works like you expect it to, you can
try to make it work from java. Oh and btw. you do have amarok running >
when you try to call the dcop methods for amarok? Another thing i would
check is if dcopserver is running.

As it worked from the commandline, I'm pretty sure dcopserver is
running, as is amarok.
I guess it's something to do with those user-things.

Thanks a lot,
Brecht