Small tasks for developer?

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:40:59 UTC 2008

Hi Bonne

There are many things that needs to be done for Amarok 2.0, so I am
sure we can find something that would interest you.

You mentioned dynamic playlists. I know Bart has been looking into
this somewhat, so he might be willing to point you in the right
direction if this is something you would like to try your hand at. The
new playlist views ( the ones on the right ) are mainly done by Ian
and myself. The main playlist view ( the svg one ) needs quite a bit
of tweaking still. There are rendering issues where it sometimes does
not update correctly, we need the options to remove albums and tracks
back ( I seem to remember this was actually working a while back ) and
drag and drop stuff still needs some work ( dragging stuff from a
collection to a specific part of the playlist, dragging a whole album
around... ) Also, the album grouping still goes wocka in certain
situations. I also implemented a simple "old school" playlist view.
This is currently purely a prototype but could be made usable with a
relatively limited amount of work. So while this might be a nice first
task, it is not something I see as essential for 2.0.

As Seb mentioned, you should subscribe to our dev list, and if you
have not done so already, come join us on channel #amarok on
irc.freenode.net

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :-)

- Nikolaj