Amarok slowing down noticeably

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:59:24 UTC 2008

Hi all!

Can someone confirm a considerable slowdown of Amarok after either
editing ID3 tags for several (~ 10) OGG files or after setting "show
under various artists" for 10 or more albums?

I'm talking REALLY slow ... at first it's only a part of a second, but
a few albums later I have to wait one or two secons, another few
changes later it's definitely more than 30 seconds.

Can I do something against it? I'm using the 2.0 (German) version from
OpenSUSE 11.1 repositories:

Version 2.0
Unter KDE 4.1.85 (KDE 4.1.85 (KDE 4.2 Beta2)) "release 3.1"

Johannes

--
Johannes Schwall, Münster