Amarok 2.0 and last.fm

projects.gg.aaron at gmail.com projects.gg.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:34:52 UTC 2008

Hi,
my amarok has problem with scrobbling to last.fm - it doesn't remember songs
that I've played while it was unable to connect to last.fm (when I'm offline or
last.fm servers are overcrowded). In beta1 that I've used before there was a
file user_submissions.xml or something, now there isn't. Is it my configuration,
or it's a bug? I've got a second question that I wanted to ask for a long time
- I think that I can't turn off amarok's counting how many times I've played a
track, counting some ratings and so on (and in 2.0 this statistics always show
in current playing applet=/), have someone thought about integrating
statistics with last.fm (in fact downloading them from last.fm instead of
locally counting)? When using amarok on different computers or cleaning up
configuration files for some reason amarok looses all information and this
statistics would mean anything only if it would use external server to
remember them.

PS. Nice work and congratulations for 2.0 release=) It's amazingly fast, huge
speed-up when updating collection comes from use of mysqle or some new update
algorithm?

Thanks for your time
Marek Aaron Sapota