Various Artists in Amarok 2.0

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:51:04 UTC 2008

Darn reply-to addresses.

I'm not sure I understand.  Assuming you're listing by Artist, with a
Various Artists group, and your list is "in the high hundreds"...in
order for my suggestion to turn your collection list in the range of
~3000 artists or more, your number of total Artists in Various Artists
would have to be many times higher than in the rest of your
collection.

Assuming your Various Artists has at least as many albums as your
non-compilation albums, it might merely double your total artist
count, but I'd suspect less than that due to overlap.  Even if there
is no overlap, I wouldn't expect you to have nearly ten times many
compilation artists as you do non-compilation artists.  That would be
a very strange collection.  :)