Exposure of related artists and songs, Last.FM

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:56:40 UTC 2008

Great suggestion! This might be an opportunity to implement another
feature as well: When listening to a song by the artist "Herbie
Hancock feat. Christina Aguilera", it would be ideal to present "other
songs by Herbie Hancock" as well as "other songs by Christina
Aguilera" ... to my knowledge, that's not possible at the moment
because there's no "intelligence" implemented to make Amarok aware
that there are actually two artists doing this one song. Of course
there's other ways of saying "featuring", e.g. "and", "with", ...
these would have to be parsed as well.

This would probably not be the best way to have it, but perhaps the
only one. I would imagine a better solution would be to be able to tag
songs with more than one artist, perhaps naming one as the "main"
artist. But I guess that's not doable, is it?

Johannes

--
Johannes Schwall, Münster