UI suggestion

Danni Coy danni.coy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 12:03:25 UTC 2008

I have been using the new amarok since the beta's were available for
kubuntu... Anyways after letting the new look and feel sink in for a while -
There is a lot I like (the new playback buttons are really good for instance)
it still feels like there is something missing visually. Amarok 1.X was better
visually balanced - I think this was partly because of the sidebar themes -
that added colour and broke the application up a bit. It seems to me that the
Plasmids (central panel) are drawn in such a way that the interface would look
better if there was an image or a "wall paper" behind them. This would help
break up the application and make it a lot more visually appealing.
It could also lead down the track to things like loading different background
images based on the current playing song...
--
"You have been in Afghanistan, I perceive."
		-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Study in Scarlet"