Amarok2 applet sizes and collection question

Florian Genauer fgenauer at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 10:22:23 UTC 2008

Hi List,

at the beginning I was a little uncomfortable with amarok2 but I am getting
more and more familiar with it and I like it more and more.

There are some (cosmetic) things I would like to improve. Excuse me, if I do
not use the correct terminology! I am using amarok2 from Debian experimental
repository on amd64.

As I was used by amarok 1.4 I like seeing some details about current track
and about other albums by the current artist.

So I configured the applet region with the "Current Track" and the "albums"
applet which basically are working fine. But there is much space left at the
bottom and I often have to scroll vertically for artists that have a lot of
albums.

I found out, that the sizes of applets are configured via
~/.kde4/share/config/amarok-appletsrc. Unfortunately I was unable to resize
the albums applet which is in Containment 1?

I saw some screenshots in amarok2 realease notes and there album applet fits
the full height. This is exactly what I would like to have. How can I do
this? Trying to change the 4rth integer value behind key "geometry" didn't
have any effect.

Another cosmetic thing in both playlist window  and in album applet. The
tracknumbers in album applet are far away of track names which looks a bit
strange.

1         trackname of track 1
2         trackname of track 2
[...]

It would be nice to have these two information a little closer.

In playlist window the opposite is the case. Here the track title follows
immediately after the track number so the vertical alignement looks
cluttered.

[...]
8 trackname of track 8
9 trackname of track 9
10 trackname of track 10
11 trackname of track 11
[...]

Another question: I have a mp3 collection on a NAS at home and at work there
is also a small mp3 collection on a NAS. Is there a neat way in managing
this in amarok2? At the moment I have all amarok files/directories in
~/.kde4/share doubled one with amarok_home and one with amarok_work. I am
using a wrapper script that symlinks to one of these folders/files
accordingly...

Keep up the great work you have done for amarok, one of the best Linux GUI
apps I ever used!

Thanks for your answer!

Florian