a minor nit 1.94

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 4 15:08:43 UTC 2008

'Twas brillig, and Rex Dieter at 04/12/08 14:07 did gyre and gimble:
> Richard Rondu wrote:
>
>> I confirm this issue, got the same with Fedora 10 and Amarok 1.94 Beta 2.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>>> A minor thing have noticed since I installed Fedora 10 (with Amarok 1.94
>>> Beta 2). When I first start playing again after pausing, the audio
>>> stutters for a few seconds.
>
> It's most likely not specific to amarok, but an interaction between
> not-so-great audio drivers and the newer "glitch-free" pulseaudio in F-10.
>
> The next likely candidate is the xine-lib-pulseaudio sink.
>
> Fwiw, F-10 uses phonon-backend-xine by default (and will prefer it even if
> the gstreamer backend is installed).

Quite possibly. This is why I've always had better luck with gstreamer
(even before glitch-free PA). The xine support for PA has always been
below par compared to gstreamer in my experience.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie