Abstract idea of Song instead of pure file management

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:13:42 UTC 2008

Well, it wasn't a matter of file-tracking and song-identification,
though I know that's important.  I just meant that files of different
formats (that ideally have the same tag-data) could be matched and
managed to the same database entry.

I think that's right.  I believe you're talking about a type of
song-identification based on algorithmic analysis of the song itself?

I don't mean to suggest that's not useful, but my interest was in
grouping together files that map to the same song, as opposed to
dynamically comparing two files to see if they "might be" the same
song.

(sorry, didn't send it to the list)