Scrobbling through proxy does still not work in RC 1

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Dec 1 15:56:23 UTC 2008

On 1 Dec 2008, at 15:51, Jan Holthuis wrote:

> OK, so the problem is getting the Proxy settings from the KDE4 system
> settings to Qt4. Creating a QNetworkProxy-object should not be the
> problem as this seems pretty trivial:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qnetworkproxy.html
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the settings from KDE4.2
> either,
> but for now, it would be adequate if you used the $*_proxy environment
> variables. I don't know what the code looks like, but that should be
> too
> hard to implement, so it would be nice to have that implemented before
> Amarok2 is released. (I know, you're in freature freeze, but you could
> consider it as a bug. ;-) )

Creating the QNetworkProxy is simple. using environment variables is
not portable and fragile, and as such i don't think thats the way we
want to go with this.

The proper solution involves getting proxy data out of KDE itself. I
am investigating how to do this (where investigating==waiting to talk
to thiago). Whether or not this gets into Amarok 2.0 depends on how
complicated it is to implement. In any case, we will have a few quick
2.0.x releases to address bugs, and this will be fixed at the earliest
opportunity.

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680