demo program: Amarok Constraint Tree (for dynamic playlists)

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 00:15:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Jeff Mitchell
<kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> Have either of you thought about turning the biases/constraints into items
> that can be used to dynamically generate a memory collection?  This would not
> only take advantage of the great work being done by the both of you, but would
> bring us up to parity with some Winamp functionality, where you can have
> entire views composed of tracks matching various criteria (except that our
> interface would be much, much better).

I think I've written the Constraint model to be generic enough that
with an appropriate view, that should be possible.  I don't know the
WinAmp functionality to which you are referring (haven't used the
program in years), but if you want to shoot me an off-list email
describing it in more detail, I'll have a better idea of whether or
not it's feasible.

--
Soren Harward