demo program: Amarok Constraint Tree (for dynamic playlists)

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sat Aug 30 19:05:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Daniel Jones <danielcjones at gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome work Soren. You've sure been busy.
>
> First of all, I really like the idea of building up more complicated
> matches with OR and AND. My original plan called for accomplishing
> this by implementing smart playlists separately and letting bias
> reference them. Needless to say, I never got around to smart
> playlists.
>
> You're approach is smart, and it seems like it will work, but I do
> have a couple questions:
>
> My main concern in integrating this into the existing bias editor. We
> could turn the whole thing into a tree view, but I like the inline
> editing widgets. What are your thoughts on this?

I also really like the inline editing widgets. Its waaay more visible
and easier to use then Amarok 1.4.

And I don't get how Soren can say "or" is missing in 2.0 (if thats
what your saying). Proportions make that sort of boolean logic
unnecessary.

I tried to use the demo but it didn't work. Does it need an Amarok 1.4
collection.db? The initial interface is certainly less friendly then
the current UI.

Ian