[Feedback] database problem

emielonline at gmail.com emielonline at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:42:57 UTC 2008

Emiel sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

To explain this problem, I need to explain how my system is set up. I've got
Windows XP installed on a partition (NTFS) and Fedora core 8 on another
(EXT3). The NTFS partition holds quite a bit of my music collection, since
Windows cannot read EXT3 for some reason. I added that music folder to my
collection in Amarok.
Now, the problem: Amarok forgets about that folder every time my computer is
rebooted. Therefore i have to scan that folder manually whenever i want to
play music from that directory. (press the look through collection button
again and wait for it to load). This is quite inconvenient, as well as
unnecessary. I do not want to *tell* Amarok to check that partition since I
already configured it correctly. I want Amarok to *know* what files it has
access to.
I suppose Linux only users won't experience this problem, but for users like
me with a dual boot it's an unpleasant edge to an otherwise fine media
player.

Report as inappropriate:
http://amarok.kde.org/en/mollom/contact/38e4513062144503