Patch to fix building on FreeBSD

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Aug 15 14:13:12 UTC 2008

Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>> Hey all!
>>
>> Great work on Amarok2 so far! I've gotten a FreeBSD port of it made here,
>> and it only required one small patch in order to compile. I'm attaching the
>> patchfile, if somebody would be so kind as to roll it into your main trunk,
>> I would appreciate it.
>>
>> Aside from that, it runs really well, especially for an Alpha release! I'm
>> planning on including it in our next version of PC-BSD which is based on KDE
>> 4.1.
>
> Thanks for your praise. But um, have you really used it that much? I
> think if you did you wouldn't consider it ready for a user release.
>
> If the next version of PC-BSD isn't for 2-3 months, then you can
> probably plan on it though. ;)
>
> Ian
>
> !DSPAM:1,48a582f319863216021042!

I've been using it for a few days right now. So far it seems to work OK,
been playing MP3's and some streaming audio. No crashes so far. We still
have more than a month to release here, so we'll include whatever alpha
/ beta you have out at that time, then roll out an update when you
release your final one.

For an alpha release though, it is really quite nice! Good work!

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software