[Feedback] Requestiing assistance, please.

omar.the.pythoner at gmail.com omar.the.pythoner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:47:15 UTC 2008

Omar sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

I have a couple of problems with Amarok, and I'm gonna list them to you as
follows:

Problem #1: Amarok crashes, and refuses to play music whenever I use any
flash application on my browser.
This problem occurs even when Amarok is not turned on while I veiw flash
apps. on the browser. And also, this doesn't happen
with Amarok too, even Exaile crashes too, the same way. So, my question here
is: is there a way I can recover Amarok without having
to reboot the system?

Problem #2: In order to try to solve the first problem, I thought that maybe
re-installing Amarok might help. But when I removed it also removed some
parts of Python, I'm sure which parts exactly though. Pythonworks just fine
with me, but when installed Amarok again, the following error messages
started to show up when I try to start it:

"DOCP communocations error(Amarok): There was an error setting up
inter-process communication for KDE. The message returned by the system was:
Could not open network socket.
Please check the "docpserver" program is running! "

And: "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly."

And then it doesn't start, All I can see from it is a very tiny window with
the Amarok logo on it.

Please help.
And thanks very much for all your efforts.

Report as inappropriate:
http://amarok.kde.org/en/mollom/contact/d145fe955bbf65e2