Artists: Join the Amarok Project :)

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 25 20:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi there!

The Amarok team is looking for new capable SVG artists to join our
project. Our goal is to make Amarok 2 really beautiful, but we
currently have a severe lack of artists.

Here's a screenshot of the current Amarok 2 version:

http://mark.kollide.net/snapshot66.png

As you can see, we're trying to make Amarok 2 pretty, but we're not
quite there yet. There's lots of room for improvement, and we
programmers simply can't do proper artwork. So please consider help
making Amarok 2 a really beautiful application!

But please let me get the following things out of the way, to prevent
misunderstandings:

1) You should be somewhat experienced.

2) You should actually like Amarok.

3) We're looking for artists that stay with our project, but not so
much for one-time contributions. Over the past year we've had close to
10 interested artists wanting to help us, but none of them stayed
around!

So, please contact us if you would like to make Amarok 2 really beautiful :)

--
Mark