not less than

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:44:20 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 03:27:36 pm Ian Monroe wrote:
> I really don't understand. Get out your truth tables. If a and b are
> integers from 0 to 100, !(a>b) is the same as a<=b

you're right except for the part where you say get out your truth tables.

the work around works I just didn't get it the first time.

The problem is the lack of the extra logic. Having more options isn't
confusing in this case as why do I have to say greater than when I mean not
less than.

basically I want the operators to work in the way I'm thinking. Without having
to think about 'truth tables'. Even if the way I'm thinking is somewhat
skewed. It's more about usability (and the fact that I don't always think in
truth tables) than being able to do it.

also the sql should be something like.  where not (value < ...). etc
--
Caleb Cushing

my blog http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com