Maybe a bug - needs confirmation

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:00:42 UTC 2008

Hell Amarok ML,

Yesterday I've stumbled upon what I consider to be a bug in Amarok. Actually,
I found it long ago, and posted it @bugs.kde.org but it was marked as
invalid, and I thought my system was broken. But recently I bought a new PC
and installed a different distribution, but still this bug is present.

Anyway, here it is. If I enable crossfading (I've set it to 400 ms), then
sometimes Amarok skips a track less than a second after starting to play it.
This happens at random,probably when I/O activity is high. Another guess is
that it skips FLACs more often than any other file types. The score is also
altered, as if I manually skipped it. If I disable crossfading, this bug
disappears. It would be great if someone could verify this.

My sustem specs:

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
1 Gb RAM
Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02) - onboard
Linux Mint 4 KDE edition (based on *buntu)
Amarok 1.4.8
KDE 3.5.8
libxine-1.1.10-1

Best Regards,