[Feedback] AMAROK 1.4.7

Walter Little walterplittle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 10:18:28 UTC 2008

> no good idea, there is no more support for that old
> version of SuSE. You should upgrade asap.

I don't want to go too far off topic, but the machine that I was referring
to is the computer at my office, and given that  recent versions of all the
apps I need work just fine (Amarok 1.4.9 runs without any issues), I can't
justify the 1-2 days that upgrading it would require (when 10.0 came out I
upgraded my home system from 9.3 and it broke a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff
changed from 9.x to 10.x).  Therefore I just leave it alone. I'm not
concerned so much about support...

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that I've never seen an officially
released version of Amarok exhibit any characteristics of being a "broken
mess." I would say that, contrary to the opinion of the original poster,
Amarok is a case study in much of what is right on with open source
software.

Just for laughs, here's my guess as to what he might have sent to M$:

MICROSOFT:

OK, I'M NOW UN-INSTALLING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER OFF WINDOWS XP. OH WAIT...I
CAN'T. UH....UH....YOU GUYS SUCK!

MICROSOFT SUCKS,
SOME RANDOM MORON

P.S. O'DOYLE RULES!