User defined query-able fields

Laurent Pouillet laurent.pouillet at laposte.net
Fri Apr 11 21:29:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a question about the development of a feature.

Having started a specific music collection, I feel restricted in the usual
fields available in mp3 and ogg tags. So I was about to begin my own SQL
database to add my own fields (several musicians, composers, authors,
place of recordings, length of lyrics, ...).

Then I discovered that Amarok has SQL capabilities (and many more great
things)
My questions are :
1/ can Amarok be configured to use additional user-defined fields ? (for
storing into and for reading from the SQL database)
2/ if yes, how ?
    if no, what do you recommend me ?
     - to wait for it to be developped shortly, because it is an interesting idea
     - or to write a patch by myself, because it is a rotten idea

Thanks

Laurent