Amarok Guide

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:47:13 UTC 2008

On Apr 8, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Henry de Valence wrote:

> I've noticed that a lot of the so-called ``non-technical'' users of
> computers
> really, really don't like reading manuals. I think it would be cool
> if Amarok2
> had a thing that was sort of like a wizard, that just pointed  out
> the basic
> features and how they work, so the people who don't want to read the
> manual
> can get a quick feel for the general features, and then if they want
> more than
> a quick overview of, say, podcasts, they can click and be taken to the
> relevant part of the manual, but people don't have to read the
> manual and can
> get a quick feel for how it works. You could have it as something in
> the first
> run menu like ``Do you want to get a quick overview of how amarok
> works?'' or
> some such, and then if they wanted it later they could get it back.
> The
> important part is, they can get a quick overview of how it works
> without
> having to read the entire manual, which is really quite
> intimidating. If they
> want mor einfo, they can get linked to that particular section, but
> they don't
> need to go thru the whole thing.

I agree completely. I think it would be a very valuable resource to
getting new users (think os x and windows) acquainted with amarok.

but i also think we can;t even start thinking about this until at
amarok 2 is more stable and the features have settled down. so at
least not until august/september imho. also, rokymotion should
definitely be involved with this :)

leo