Amarok Guide

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:41:31 UTC 2008

I've noticed that a lot of the so-called ``non-technical'' users of computers
really, really don't like reading manuals. I think it would be cool if Amarok2
had a thing that was sort of like a wizard, that just pointed  out the basic
features and how they work, so the people who don't want to read the manual
can get a quick feel for the general features, and then if they want more than
a quick overview of, say, podcasts, they can click and be taken to the
relevant part of the manual, but people don't have to read the manual and can
get a quick feel for how it works. You could have it as something in the first
run menu like ``Do you want to get a quick overview of how amarok works?'' or
some such, and then if they wanted it later they could get it back. The
important part is, they can get a quick overview of how it works without
having to read the entire manual, which is really quite intimidating. If they
want mor einfo, they can get linked to that particular section, but they don't
need to go thru the whole thing.

Henry de Valence