Mass tagging support for Amarok 2 - GSoC proposal

Teo Mrnjavac teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:56:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv> wrote:
> On 2008.04.02. 21:12, Leo Franchi wrote:
>  >
>  > On Apr 2, 2008, at 11:55 AM, "Teo Mrnjavac" <teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com>
>  > wrote:
>  >
>  >> Greetings
>  >> I hope I'm not too late to discuss my GSoC proposal with the
>  >> community.
>  >> I would like to implement Mass tagging in Amarok 2 and I would like to
>  >> hear your opinions on my preliminary proposal.
>  >> Here it is: http://lignite.ccni.it/~teo/gsoc1.html
>  >
>  > After only a cursory read of the proposal, one thing that I really
>  > liked was the drag-n-drop tag builder. I think there is probably room
>  > for cleaning up the interface a little bit but overall I like it
>
>  for ideas on interface, take a look at openoffice.org interface for
>  table of contents entries (for example, it is absolutely necessary to
>  allow different separators for different places as well as custom
>  characters inbetween - all this is possible in oo.org).

Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed it's similar to my idea, even if it
isn't drag&droppable. However the thing I don't like in OO.o is that
the whole thing is a lot like a normal textbox with textual tokens -
the thing I'm trying to avoid. I agree about the need for different
separators, especially in the read from filenames interface, I can
squeeze it in with a customizable drag&droppable separator token so -
no problem.