Amarok 2 transition from 1.x

Luis Pabón copong at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:50:02 UTC 2008

On 02/04/2008, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:

> Me neither...never used mp3fixer.  You sure that your collection wasn't
> simply reporting tracks that no longer existed?  [...] a full rescan would
> fix
> this.  I'd look at the count of tracks you actually have...

I think that's a very good point. The script seems pretty sensible, at the
end it just calls for updatecollection. I have just re-scanned my collection
(via "tools > update collection") and the end result... exactly double
amount of tracks I had earlier LOL. I've checked and the files are not there
twice, but any album contains two instances of the same song so I'm not sure
of what happened... I'm doing a full rescan now.

I could imagine that this could happen for some reason or another on
> various systems.  If your filesystem doesn't update mtimes correctly
> (for instance if you're using older versions of ntfs-3g) then I *know*
> this will happen.

Not the case, the filesystem is EXT3.

I run a DE because many things are graphical programs.  But a command
> line can be far, far more useful than a graphical front-end.  In this
> case, my answer is, either write a sqlite frontend yourself (or maybe
> integrate it with kexi or something), use hk_classes if it works for you
> (forget the name of the app that uses them), or stop being lazy and use
> the command line  :-)

While I agree with that and I actually use quite often the console, the
truth is that if I'm happy of how a graphical tool works I'm not likely to
go to the CLI to do the same task. I'm just lazy dude :)

--Jeff

Luis Pabón